Thursday 12 January 2017

See why man is happy and thank God he was sentenced

H-metro updated,Tafadzwa Durawo was arrested at the entrance of the show after stealing a cell phone belonging to Tawanda Jowah who was intending to enter into the show’s venue.
Durawo was arrested and taken to police cells before the violence erupted. “I would like to thank God for this arrest. I consider myself a lucky person amongst the thousands that attended the show.
“I heard that people died at that show and I am happy that I was arrested before the violence. I could have lost my life during that show as well. “But I did not steal the cell phone in question,” he said when the State led by Nyikadzino Machingura was cross examining him.
But his statement could not spare him conviction after magistrate Victoria Mashamba found him guilty of stealing Tawanda’s cell phone. Prosecutor Machingura said that on November 8 at around 2345hrs Tawanda and Tafadzwa were at the City Sport Centre with the former intending to enter into the show.
But Tafadzwa had a different mission-stealing from unsuspecting dancehall music lovers.
The court heard that there was a moment when people started shoving and pushing each other ending up with Tafadzwa stealing Tawanda’s ZTE cell phone worth US$25.
He was arrested and taken to court where he was convicted of theft.
Tafadzwa will know his fate today when magistrate Mashamba is expected to sentence him.

No comments:

Post a Comment