Friday 13 January 2017

Bokoharam and Law enforcement agencies spoil our career-Nigerian Youth

      Youth with broken dream 
  At orile,punch correspondent encountered some students of konduga college who had escaped when their school was burnt down by deadly boom haram insurgents.
    One them namely Barika Philemon.eighteen years old from gwoza local government Area of borno state say he came to Lagos in 2015.
 Barika recall how was studying his NCE when boko haram attack,burnt down the college containing over 3000 students."they came to our school on fire and killed many of the students.(4pm)they came and open fire on us,i ran from konduga on foot to maiduguri wearing only boxers,I ran for good six hours (4pm-10pm)"
   A student of business education ambition was to became an accountant and work in bank when he turns a keke napep ridder in Lagos,he said.
  " I have gotten a keke on hire purchase and the owner say if I will pay him 850,000.I have rendered one month return.if I finish paying the money the keke become mine and I will further more my education.
    Philemon says it might be difficult for him to make this money as most of his daily earnings are spent on settling fines imposed for offenses,ranging from wrong parking to other infrastructions.
     I have not been Ableto save 10000 in the last one month,fuel is also  expensive and keke is not mine.I don't have permanent accommodation."I use to beg some security guard at filling station or companies along Apapa-oshodi exp way to allow me sleep till day break.by 4am before people are up,I will leave the place to avoid putting security guard in trouble.
  At least 20 of my school mate died in the attack"for yusuf,a student of Bama college of education,the provost of his school had instructed them to vacate the school when they heard insurgents are attacking school in the neighbouring communities.
  "I ran to Cameroon without any personal belongings. No cars was moving at the time.we trekked for 10 hours and when we got there,we stayed in the camp for one year.they fed us with guinea corn and sometime beg for money from passerby.
     We later found vehicle comming to Nigeria and that how I reached Lagos,I am driving keke but I can't make enough money because I keep spending money on fines.I have spent over 150000 on fines.
      We try to avoid these fines but passengers will also harass us and insisted on dropping wherever they want and law enforcement agency will be following us,the moment we drop the person,we will be arrested"
    Yusuf ambition was to became a teacher.I need to go back to school, adding,I have no person to help me because i don't even have money to feed myself"


    Some of these young men concerns is how to reunite with there families who are also destitute in Cameroon.one says we are also doing this business to gather money.we intended to go to Cameroon to give our stranded parents and siblings some money,then come back here and continue hustling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment